Commercial & Syndicated Lending
Our commercial finance attorneys represent private equity lenders, lender agents, sponsors and portfolio companies in a variety of routine and complex syndicated finance and asset-based lending transactions. In particular, our experience includes extensive finance work representing lender-agents, lenders, sponsors and portfolio-company borrowers from the term-sheet stage to final documentation in connection with syndicated lending transactions.
While we counsel clients in every major industry, our team has a distinguished record structuring, negotiating and closing significant deals in the energy, health care, business services, manufacturing and real estate sectors. We blend technical skill with middle-market savvy to help clients properly manage risks, balance stakeholder objectives and optimize deal flow and value.
- $420 million senior secured first lien revolving loan and term loan facility and second lien term loan facility in connection with the ‘LBO’ of Argon Medical Devices Inc.
- $725 million first and second lien credit facilities to partially finance the ‘LBO’ of RentPath, Inc.
- $480 million first lien credit facilities to finance the ‘LBO’ of 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc.
- Providence PE fund and many of its technology-industry portfolio companies in connection with a recurring revenue-based revolving facility and term loan.
- $10 million ABL and term loan for medical device manufacturing portfolio company.
- Acted as bond counsel for a $330 million tax-exempt bond issue in which insured auction-rate bonds were redeemed and replaced by new fixed-rate tax-exempt debt.
- Acted as bond counsel for a $146 million tax-exempt bond issue in which insured auction-rate bonds were redeemed and replaced by a mixture of new fixed-rate debt and variable rate letter-of-credit back debt.
- Acted as placement agent’s counsel for multiple bond issues financing the $275 million Ernst & Young Tower Cleveland Flats project, a complex commercial real estate and public infrastructure project which utilized more than 35 funding sources.
- Acted as administrative agent, lead arranger and bookrunner in $975 million first lien term and revolving exit facilities for Vanguard Natural Gas, LLC (n/k/a Vanguard Natural Resources, Inc.), to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Served as counsel regarding Amplify Energy Corp. (f/k/a Memorial Production Partners LP), in an up to $1 billion amended and restated senior secured reserve-based revolving exit facility, with an initial borrowing base of $490 million, to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Acted as counsel for Bank of America as secured creditor in Chapter 11 cases of coal companies.
OFAC Enforcement Action Based on a Rewards Program
October 31, 2022
Don’t Let the Reefer Blow the Roof Off: Challenges and Guidance Surrounding Medical Marijuana Pati...
October 3, 2022
Tax Planning Strategies Post-Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
September 30, 2022
The Yin and the Yang of Delaware Corporate Law
August 10, 2022
Use It or Lose It: ARPA Funds Spending Update
August 3, 2022
SEC Proposes Rule Changes for Private Fund Advisers
July 29, 2022