Commercial & Syndicated Lending
Our commercial finance attorneys represent private equity lenders, lender agents, sponsors and portfolio companies in a variety of routine and complex syndicated finance and asset-based lending transactions. In particular, our experience includes extensive finance work representing lender-agents, lenders, sponsors and portfolio-company borrowers from the term-sheet stage to final documentation in connection with syndicated lending transactions.
While we counsel clients in every major industry, our team has a distinguished record structuring, negotiating and closing significant deals in the energy, health care, business services, manufacturing and real estate sectors. We blend technical skill with middle-market savvy to help clients properly manage risks, balance stakeholder objectives and optimize deal flow and value.
- $420 million senior secured first lien revolving loan and term loan facility and second lien term loan facility in connection with the ‘LBO’ of Argon Medical Devices Inc.
- $725 million first and second lien credit facilities to partially finance the ‘LBO’ of RentPath, Inc.
- $480 million first lien credit facilities to finance the ‘LBO’ of 1-800 CONTACTS, Inc.
- Providence PE fund and many of its technology-industry portfolio companies in connection with a recurring revenue-based revolving facility and term loan.
- $10 million ABL and term loan for medical device manufacturing portfolio company.
- Acted as bond counsel for a $330 million tax-exempt bond issue in which insured auction-rate bonds were redeemed and replaced by new fixed-rate tax-exempt debt.
- Acted as bond counsel for a $146 million tax-exempt bond issue in which insured auction-rate bonds were redeemed and replaced by a mixture of new fixed-rate debt and variable rate letter-of-credit back debt.
- Acted as placement agent’s counsel for multiple bond issues financing the $275 million Ernst & Young Tower Cleveland Flats project, a complex commercial real estate and public infrastructure project which utilized more than 35 funding sources.
- Acted as administrative agent, lead arranger and bookrunner in $975 million first lien term and revolving exit facilities for Vanguard Natural Gas, LLC (n/k/a Vanguard Natural Resources, Inc.), to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Served as counsel regarding Amplify Energy Corp. (f/k/a Memorial Production Partners LP), in an up to $1 billion amended and restated senior secured reserve-based revolving exit facility, with an initial borrowing base of $490 million, to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Acted as counsel for Bank of America as secured creditor in Chapter 11 cases of coal companies.
February 20, 2024
February 2, 2024
February 1, 2024
January 26, 2024
January 16, 2024