Electronic Payments & FinTech
Our full-service team works with some of the world’s largest payment systems companies and network service providers on a wide range of transactional, regulatory and general corporate matters. We also advise developers, investors, and emerging companies in the FinTech space on everything from product development and launch to consumer compliance, data integrity and strategic acquisitions.
Our team is well-versed in the opportunities presented by emerging mobile and electronic payment technologies and in the innovation needed to compete in today’s global marketplace. Our deep industry experience, together with our creative approach to troubleshooting complex legal issues, help clients overcome barriers to innovation so they can achieve their strategic goals.
Sub-Industry Team Contacts
We represent a broad range of clients in the financial technology sector with respect to M&A transactions and advanced regulatory matters. We help our clients identify value-enhancing opportunities and comply as they innovate. Those clients include:
- Venture capital and private equity investors
- Financial institutions
- Independent sales organizations
- Payment processors
- Card brands
- ATM and POS terminal manufacturers
- Money service businesses
- Network service providers
- Payment gateways
- Prepaid and stored value card program managers
- Providers of check imaging, conversion, processing and verification services
- Providers of electronic payment options to governmental entities
- Providers of information services and payment verification systems to healthcare providers
- Purchasers of residual streams and merchant portfolios
OFAC Enforcement Action Based on a Rewards Program
October 31, 2022
Don’t Let the Reefer Blow the Roof Off: Challenges and Guidance Surrounding Medical Marijuana Pati...
October 3, 2022
The Yin and the Yang of Delaware Corporate Law
August 10, 2022
Use It or Lose It: ARPA Funds Spending Update
August 3, 2022
SEC Proposes Rule Changes for Private Fund Advisers
July 29, 2022
Crypto Winter Series: Can the Legal World Catch Up with the Rapid Development of Crypto Innovation? ...
July 14, 2022