Where tech savvy meets deal strategy.
Our tech transactions team advises businesses on the creation, licensing and sale of technology products and services, as well as clients that are evaluating, purchasing, and integrating new technologies and solutions. We’ve executed large-scale transactions for buyers and sellers, both domestically and internationally, demonstrating an aptitude to get the deal done on the most favorable terms possible, all while preserving key relationships and protecting our clients’ core business assets.
Our team has the requisite experience and technical acuity to facilitate technology-based transactions of all types and complexities, ranging from data-driven collaborations and various “as a service” agreements to the commercialization of predictive and generative AI. We provide strategic legal counsel throughout the entire lifecycle of a transaction, helping clients capture value from their innovations and enterprise technology initiatives in substantial, scalable ways.
How We Help Clients
Clients appreciate our creative and systematic approach to assessing, structuring and negotiating tech transactions and agreements. And because we’re passionate about how our clients are innovating and incorporating technologies, we’re adept at seeing endless possibilities on how to maximize value creation and protect their assets.
Tech transactional services include:
- Strategic alliances, joint ventures and other tech-driven M&A transactions
- Outsourcing, supply, sale and resale agreements
- Data licensing, monetization and syndication transactions
- Privacy policies, terms and conditions, and end-user agreements
- Data governance, strategy and IS/IT regulatory counseling
- Mobile app development, app store guidelines and marketing review
- Consulting agreements, including implementation, configuration, maintenance/support and strategic solutioning
- Content licensing and distribution (traditional, digital and interactive media)
- OEM, reseller and white-labeling agreements
- Hardware manufacturing agreements and licensing
- Vendor, supplier and distribution agreements, warranties and limitations
- SaaS, PaaS and IaaS development, licensing and purchasing agreements
- E-commerce platform configuration and ADA compliance
- Information technology, APIs and cloud-computing arrangements
- Cross-border data and technology transfers, especially between the U.S. and Europe
We routinely advise on a wide variety of commercial transactions with technology at their core. Our relevant experience also extends to counseling on technology product integration, IP and data strategies in connection with various large and small transactions ranging from everyday licensing agreements to significant technology-focused acquisitions subject to complex regulatory requirements.
Representative matters include:
- Negotiated numerous partnership and preferred provider agreements on behalf of clients with global software providers including Oracle, Google, Microsoft, SalesForce, SAP and others.
- Drafted and negotiated a wide variety of agreements for U.S.-based public Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) company with international offices and worldwide sales, including SaaS, value-added reseller (VAR), end-user license agreement (EULA), professional services, and support agreements.
- Developed contract structure and prepared form agreements for established national commercial products company launching its first line of IoT products, including distributor agreements, customer subscription agreements, end-user agreements, beta agreements, warranties and other terms. Company’s novel approach to subscription fees, its complicated distributor, commercial installer, commercial customer, and end-user arrangements, combined with the need to accommodate existing warranty and sales terms, required careful consideration and tailoring of agreements and of contracting process using a combination of click-wrap and shrink-wrap agreements.
- Drafted and negotiated Tier 1, Tier 2 and manufacturer supply agreements for IoT products with suppliers in China, Cambodia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Mexico, including for OEM, ODM, private label and off-the-shelf products, and including NRE services provisions and other IP protections in consultation with local counsel.
- Drafted and negotiated three-way supply agreement with major international LED Chip-on-Board manufacturer and international distributor allowing direct purchase by Tier 1 suppliers as well as by client and client affiliates.
- Negotiated and advised clients, from start-ups to national and international companies, on a wide variety of software and technology contracts, including SaaS, VAR, EULA, vendor, supplier, and technology transfer.
- Drafted and negotiated master customer agreements for scores of software providers offering comprehensive, modular business software solutions, including stand-alone software and SaaS products, consulting and services agreements, maintenance and support packages, data security agreements (business continuity, disaster response and data breach), data privacy agreements, service level agreements and related documentation.
- Drafted and negotiated dozens of VAR, OEM and software distribution agreements across all industry verticals and geographies.
February 15, 2024
February 14, 2024
December 11, 2023
September 18, 2023
August 24, 2023
August 21, 2023
August 16, 2023
Stay ahead of the law.
Subscribe to receive email updates and choose your topics.