Banking & Financial Disputes
We serve as the trusted litigation counsel for the financial services industry’s most complex and sensitive legal cases. We are committed to growing this trust through our delivery of cost-effective service and by placing our clients’ business, reputation and success first and foremost. Our integrated, far-sighted approach to case preparation allows us to quickly identify the key points of decision in most disputes and then to effectively exploit those opportunities, whether through early resolution options or winning litigation strategies.
Our team has a record of creating success for our financial services clients, which include national banks, regional institutions, community banks, credit unions and ancillary vendors serving the industry. We pride ourselves on working hard from the inception of the matter and throughout the life of the case. Our aim is to reduce our clients’ litigation exposure and costs while helping them preserve important business relationships with their customers.
With our team at your side, you announce to your adversary and to the community you serve that you are genuinely committed to successfully defending and vindicating your important rights.
How We Help Clients
Our financial services litigators have deep experience in every necessary area, from commercial foreclosures and workouts to employment matters, consumer class actions, and regulatory enforcement actions. Specifically, we have historic success in cases related to the following:
- Commercial workouts, collection, foreclosure, and lender liability defense
- Defense of state and federal securities fraud claims
- Lender liability and bond claim litigation
- Collection, foreclosure and workouts
- Regulatory compliance and litigation of both one-off and class action statutory claims
(e.g., EFTA, FDCPA, FCRA, RESPA, TILA, and UCC matters)
- Corporate governance and control
- Deposit operations and fraud
- Electronic and check payments disputes
- Privacy and data security
- Uniform Commercial Code, negotiable instruments and banking statutes
- Electronic discovery management
- Title insurance defense and coverage matters
- Trust, probate, and other fiduciary litigation
- FINRA arbitrations and other broker-dealer matters
Our team has access to advanced research resources, discovery support (including an in-house e-discovery management team) and attorneys with specialties that are only available from a law firm of our size and reach. We are also committed to supporting our clients’ long-standing local counsel relationships, as they may exist. We often strategically partner with a client’s local counsel for subject-matter experience or litigation support, in order to strengthen these valuable relationships. With offices in 14 markets across eight states and Washington, D.C., our team is perfectly situated to provide national coverage and representation.
September 29, 2023
September 7, 2023
August 30, 2023
August 28, 2023
August 16, 2023
August 16, 2023
August 16, 2023
August 2, 2023
Stay ahead of the law.
Subscribe to receive email updates and choose your topics.