Frost Brown Todd has been advising domestic and international clients involved in transactions in India for decades. Our India Desk team members work closely with other key practices in our firm to provide full-scale solutions for our clients. Our cross-cultural experience makes us uniquely equipped to help clients navigate international trade regulations, joint ventures, and commercial disputes while seizing new investment and business opportunities. We also help companies obtain numerous visas each year to bring Indian talent to the U.S. and protect our clients' intellectual property rights cross-border.
We have a long history of deep engagement with the Indian Subcontinent, as well as long-standing relationships with the leading law firms in India. Our firm grasp of the legal, business and cultural issues that are connected to cross-border matters allows us to seamlessly deliver legal services efficiently on India-centric matters. Whether we’re advising on tax and ownership considerations for joint venture transactions or assisting with more routine employment matters, our India Desk team is committed to helping clients foster strong business relations and strengthen how they compete in the global marketplace.
India Desk Contact
How We Help Clients
Our desk is compiled of attorneys who are licensed in India and/or understand the legal nuances of doing business in both India and the U.S. Throughout the years, we have assisted Indian companies in complicated cases and legal areas such as:
- Corporate and commercial finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fund formations
- Business and commercial litigation
- Securities and corporate governance
- International trade
- Data security and privacy
- Global IP portfolio management
- Advised Indian government in initial public offerings of its first central public sector enterprise exchange-traded fund (ETF) on the National Stock Exchange.
- Advised Indian integrated steel companies in connection with acquisitions of metallurgical coal reserves in the United States.
- Acted for YES Bank Limited, a large Indian commercial bank, in connection with its $40 million loan to a cryogenics transport and storage equipment manufacturer located in Houston.
- Advised a large Indian software and BPO company in connection with its $36 million acquisition of a Seattle-based business process outsourcing company.
- Advised U.S.-based manufacturer of renewable energy generation facilities in connection with the formation and capitalization of a joint venture with one of India’s leading infrastructure development and finance companies to manufacture and install solar power generation facilities in India.
- Acted for Amazon.com in connection with its $60 million investment in the Series C Preferred Stock of BankBazaar, an Indian online lending marketplace that gives consumers access to customized rate quotes on loans, credit cards and personal finance products
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed information technology company in connection with the formation and capitalization of a captive software development subsidiary in India.
- Advised a U.S. manufacturer of industrial machinery in connection with the formation and capitalization of its subsidiary in India.
February 6, 2024
December 7, 2023
November 8, 2023
October 3, 2023
August 14, 2023
February 21, 2023
December 12, 2022
June 22, 2022
March 16, 2022
Stay ahead of the law.
Subscribe to receive email updates and choose your topics.