Automotive & Recreational Vehicle Litigation
For more than 30 years, our experienced trial lawyers have defended some of the world’s most prominent automotive and recreational product manufacturers in hundreds of cases across the country and globally. We excel at defending claims involving design defects, inadequate warnings, vehicle rollovers, negligence and breach of warranty, among others. We also know how to effectively cross-examine expert witnesses to draw out their theories, persuade judges and juries, and maximize favorable results. Our team utilizes our experience and resources to develop creative solutions for each client based on a thorough understanding of the product itself and the specific laws and circumstances at issue in each case.
Our team has a deep understanding of the highly technical aspects of recreational products and a stable of key experts who can be called upon at trial to provide analysis on the following matters:
- Stability and handling
- Steering components
- Fuel system integrity
- High speed wobble
- Leg protection
- Operator misuse/negligence
- Product too powerful
- Electrical systems
- Post-collision fires
- Off throttle steering
- Jet boat/orifice injury claims
- Children’s recreational products
- Wheel integrity
Recent examples of our work include:
- Defends numerous international automobile and motorcycle manufacturers in product liability and personal injury claims.
- Serves as national counsel for manufacturers of safety restraint systems in product liability actions
- Serves as national coordinating trial counsel for major automotive manufacturer in fatality and rollover cases.
- Served as the Defense Liaison for all defendants in the Ford-Firestone multidistrict litigation based in Indianapolis, IN.
- Appointed by a Fortune 500 client to a team of settlement specialists attempting to resolve major nationwide claims involving a high-profile recalled product.
- Defend helicopter engine manufacturer.
- Represent insureds of major aviation insurer.
Trial Victory: FBT Wins Defense Verdict for Liberty Mutual in West Virginia Bad Faith Jury Trial
August 31, 2022
Kentucky Supreme Court Clarifies Products Liability Law in Reversal of $18.2 Million Jury Verdict
August 30, 2022
No Roof for Your Reefer! Medical Cannabis Tenants Need Patient Protections in Federally Assisted Hou...
May 12, 2022
West Virginia’s New Health Care Fraud Initiative
January 28, 2022
Proposed Changes to California Prop 65 Short-Form Warnings
December 20, 2021
Data Privacy Detective Podcast – Episode 71: Doxing and Kentucky’s Pioneering Anti-Doxing Statut...
September 1, 2021
Kentucky’s Anti-Doxing Bill Becomes Law
August 23, 2021
Indiana’s Product Liability Act & Related Statutes
August 12, 2021