Business Acquisitions: Identifying and Controlling Labor & Employment Law Risks
January 31, 2018
Click HERE to register for this L&E event.
This timely webinar will explore the hidden risks associated with a business acquisition. John Lovett and Michael Bindner will discuss the following:
- Employment law liabilities that could prevent the deal;
- Identifying employee benefit issues (e.g., retirement and welfare plans, insurance plans) that must be analyzed;
- Tools to identify and retain the productive employees and jettison the others; and
- Unique labor issues when acquiring a unionized company:
- Does it matter if it is a stock purchase, merger, or an asset acquisition?
- Will you be bound by the target company’s labor agreement(s)?
- Evaluating union contract(s) and labor relationship(s).
- Can you renegotiate (versus “accept”) the terms of an existing labor agreement?
- Withdrawal liability and other risks unique to multiemployer benefit plans.
After this information-filled presentation, you will know the issues to evaluate and the landmines to avoid.
HRCI and SHRM approved.